Here's a sneak peek at our art activities we have planned for Second Saturday Art tomorrow morning! We'll be making candy cane mice and Christmas trees!
Here's what you need:
First the candy cane mouse!
1. Cut out green felt in a water drop shape. Note to cut 2 slits for the ears to fit through.
2. Cut out red felt for ears and a little nose.
3. Glue eyes and nose on. Pull ears through the slit.
4. Push the candy cane through the loop the ears made on the bottom of the mouse. See photo below.
Second, the Christmas Tree! It can be a fun photo frame or an ornament!
This one's really easy...
1. Cut out 3 strips of poster board or construction paper. 2 a little longer (about 6"), one shorter (about 5") for the bottom of the triangle.
2. Cut out a brown stump.
3. Glue the corners together and add the stump! We used a glue stick.
4. You can either cut out a star or use these little stars we found in our crafts bin :)
5. Decorate with sequins, polka-dots, anything you want. For these, we used tacky glue.
Want to spruce up your closet a bit? Or maybe make an affordable, cute Christmas gift for your girlfriends? Here's a great DIY we're doing in our store!
All you need are wooden hangers, paint (I used acrylic), a paintbrush and masking tape! (and alcohol and Q-tips if you're anal with these kinds of projects like I am ;)
First you mask. Tape off the areas you DON'T want painted. I don't suggest doing it freehand, masking may take longer, but it's the only way to make straight lines!
Once your paint is dry, take off the tape and fix your lines with your Q-tip, if necessary. Continue the taping and painting process till you love the look of your hanger!
Enjoy your cute hangers!!!