Here's a sneak peek at our art activities we have planned for Second Saturday Art tomorrow morning! We'll be making candy cane mice and Christmas trees!
Here's what you need:
First the candy cane mouse!
1. Cut out green felt in a water drop shape. Note to cut 2 slits for the ears to fit through.
2. Cut out red felt for ears and a little nose.
3. Glue eyes and nose on. Pull ears through the slit.
4. Push the candy cane through the loop the ears made on the bottom of the mouse. See photo below.
Second, the Christmas Tree! It can be a fun photo frame or an ornament!
This one's really easy...
1. Cut out 3 strips of poster board or construction paper. 2 a little longer (about 6"), one shorter (about 5") for the bottom of the triangle.
2. Cut out a brown stump.
3. Glue the corners together and add the stump! We used a glue stick.
4. You can either cut out a star or use these little stars we found in our crafts bin :)
5. Decorate with sequins, polka-dots, anything you want. For these, we used tacky glue.